Friday, July 23, 2010

1/3 Down, 2/3 to Go


Flowers and flying kites were on the agenda today and it was the perfect way to end a whirlwind week. The historical tours, cathedral visits, and museums have been great, but after the barrage of facts and figures and learning new photo editing software, it was nice to have a more carefree day.

We visited Regent's Park which was full of lovely floral gardens and fountains and then we walked up to Primrose Hill. After a picnic lunch, we flew kites--something that I haven't done in years! Two of the top stereotypes about librarians are that we a.)know everything and b.) we're boring. Well, today's exercise refuted both points because of all the visitors to Primose Hill, our group was the most rambunctious, and several of us (self included) struggled in getting our kites to fly.

We capped off the day by walking down Abbey Road where a few of my classmates tried to re-create the famous Beatles album cover. Not knowing much about the Beatles (shocking, I know) learning about the whole Abbey Road phenomenon was quite a treat for me.

I can't believe that week one of my three week adventure is over! Even Barbie, my trip mascot, is exhausted, but we're both learning, seeing, and doing a lot and having the time of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment