Friday, July 2, 2010

London's Calling

My name is Alesha. I’m 29 years old and gearing up to take my first European not-quite-a-vacation!

I just completed my first year of grad school in the Department of Library and Information Studies at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I have an awesome opportunity to earn six credit hours toward my degree taking courses at the Florida State University London Centre for three weeks! Some of the places that I will visit include Stonehenge, the Brittish Museum, Westminster Abbey, Regent's Park, the Tower of London, and the London Eye. I will even spend a weekend in Paris, which isn't too shabby for a girl from Somewhere You've Probably Never Heard Of, NC.

While this is my first trip to Europe, it is a my second trip abroad, the first being when I spent a semester in Queretaro, Mexico during undergrad. Major differences between the two trips is that I'm older and hopefully wiser this time around and that there will be less of a language barrier. My 1.5 years of elementary and intermediate Spanish courses served me quite well back then, but I am hoping that going from American English to the Queen's English will not be that much of a stretch. I definitely do not want to anyone to "fancy" me a "cheeky monkey" if I happen to say something incorrectly. Translation: I do not want anyone to feel like I'm obnoxious if I happen to say something incorrectly.

My journey begins exactly two weeks from today and I couldn't be more excited, nervous, anxious, or giddy! All are welcome to read along and join me as I experience what is sure to be the trip of a lifetime!

2 comments:

  1. look forward to meeting you in person, alesha. great blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! I'm looking forward to meeting you, too.

    You left my first comment! I feel like an official blogger! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete