Monday, July 26, 2010

Stopping to Smell (and Photograph) the Flowers

After trying my hand at taking a pretty panoramic photo in the gardens of Regent's Park last week, I thought I would surely be up to today's photo focus: flowers. I set out to find a flower that wasn't really a flower (i.e. a flower in a statue or portrait) and failed. So after a really cute dramatization of the events of the leading up to the wedding of Katharine Parr and Henry VIII Heather, Tara, and I headed out to the gardens to capture the perfect shot.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day. I learned from Tara, that to get a better perspective, sometimes you have to get way up close or in an unusual (sometimes uncomfortable) position to make it happen. Note the gravel stuck to my elbow in the last picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment