Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Why Did They Build Stonehenge So Close Road?


Stonehenge is a prehistoric structure located in the Wiltshire, UK. Construction is believed to have began around 3100 B.C. and was built in three phases. Not a lot of specific information is known about Stonehenge, and it remains one of the world's greatest mysteries.

Like most, rather all of this trip, visiting Stonehenge was not something that I ever thought I would have the opportunity to do and I did not know what to expect. Despite the crowd of tourists and the initial rush to get through the queue, it was very peaceful walking around the stones. The grounds surrounding Stonehenge were very calming to look as well.

Later we went the town of Salisbury to tour Salisbury Cathedral. The medieval church was constructed over a period of 38 years and our guide Robert Rocket spoke to us about its history. While we were there we were able to view an original copy of the Magna Carta.

The photo focus of the day was black and white images or black and white images with a splash of color. I thought I would find the perfect image to submit to our class Facebook page at Stonehenge or Salisbury Cathedral, but most of the images that I took during my day trip looked the same in black and white as they did in color. I also did not want to alter the colors of the original photos, very much, so I decided to upload a black and white picture of Robert leaving his sash in color. After we returned to the Study Center, I happened upon a double decker red bus with an advertisement that read "Another Red Bus Going Green for London" and I knew I'd found my shot. I was able to snap the picture just before the bus pulled away. For the assigment, I edited the photo so that only the bus was in color.


2 comments:

  1. it was a beautiful success! those busses are my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo!! Nice editing! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. So glad it all came together :-) (-Heather)

    ReplyDelete